Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1470 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2018 at 10:22 PM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 22nd May 2018 at 4:18 AM. Reason: Solved!!
Default Solved! Help Converting face paint eyes to non default
I'm trying to convert some eyes that I love (just for self use) into non-default eyes that show up along with maxis eyes, in the eye color section. I have studio 4 wishes and I've tried to open the eye package in wishes and changing the category from face paint to eye color and then saving file but that doesn't work. When I do that the eyes don't show up at all (not under face paint or under eye color).

I've also tried creating a CAS stand alone of the eye package and then changing the category, but now there is an eye color and a secondary eye color category. I've tried both categories and the eyes still don't show up. I'm not sure what I need to do. And no there are no tuts for this or any that I've been able to find. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 7:16 PM
Besides changing the category to eye color you have to change the item ID in the CASP to 00001D8E.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:36 AM
@CmarNYC Thanks for replying! I was able to find the CASP under the warehouse tab, but I don't see item ID. The closest to item id that i see is PackID but that just says base game. Where would item ID happen to be located? Thanks again!
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#4 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:08 AM
Sorry - in S4S they call it PrototypeID.

S4 CAS Tools will change all the swatches at once for you if you want to try it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2018 at 4:17 AM
@CmarNYC Thank you so much for taking time to respond and helping me!! I created a stand alone recolor and had to change the PrototypeID to 00001D8E like you said! I never would have found out how to do this if you hadn't taken time to tell me Thank you!!